Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My new home!

Well, I arrived in Indonesia almost one week ago and I'm now settled in to my new home! Adjustments have been difficult and I definitely miss those that are close to me back home. Everything has gone smooth so far, except a minor flood that left an inch of water in about half of our house! I've really enjoyed my time here so far and its been a joy to reconnect with old friends from my time spent here two summers ago. I am amazed at the quality of relationships here in Indonesia, as so many here still remember me and have expressed how much they have missed me! So many treat me like a best friend, a brother, or even a son. Its really quite an honor to be treated in this way and definitely keeps me humble and feeling blessed! Some of the pics below are of my new house. I'm living with my friend Jordan and two Indonesian high school aged guys. We should have some good times together over the next year! I'll keep you posted!


Our sweet crib!



These will get replaced with king size water beds sometime soon!





No, that is not a bath tub! My first experience with one of these I actually got in! (the one on the left to clarify)



This is from the flood. The picture was taken from our front porch!