Friday, January 11, 2008

Camping... Indo Style

It has been a while since my last post, so I thought I would freshen things up with one of my most intense experiences yet. A few days after Christmas me and about 15 other friends packed up our gear and headed to a mountainous area about a half hour from my home. I've had some good camping trips back home... but none like this. It was a trip that wont ever be forgotten. As rains began early we realized camping in the mountains right in the middle of rainy season might not have been the best idea. On the second night the winds and rains picked up and we all moved into one tent (seen cuddling below). Some of us thought perhaps the winds were reaching speed of up 70 - 80 mph. After we realized the weather conditions weren't going to let up any time soon we decided to leave our gear and head down the mountain in search for some better shelter. As a few of the first ones began to head down, some rather large trees and branches were falling on the path. Fortunately no one was hurt and all in all we had a great experience and a good story to tell.


Wet and tired... but still smilin'!


Rice is even better when your camping!


During the storm some thought it was funny while others cried as they feared for their life. OK... so I was the only one that cried.


The next morning... I'm going to go ahead and say it was a good call to head down early!


The beautiful mountain side. This was taken 20 feet or so from our camping spot.