Monday, January 5, 2009

Back home baby!!!!!!!

Just a few weeks ago I arrived back on American soil after almost 14 months in Indonesia. As I walked off the plane I was welcomed home by my parents and two of my best friends waving me in with American flags. I was exhausted from the travel and though it was hard to leave Indonesia, I couldn't have been more excited to see my family again. The goodbyes in Indonesia were tougher than anticipated but my heart was filled with joy in knowing God had given me some amazing friendships. I experienced so much in the time I had and I believe that my life will never be the same. I have learned that in this life we need to do difficult things, things that cause us to lean on God more than we ever thought possible. It is then, and only then that we will realize our true need for God. I have seen that when we trust in Him and not ourselves, He will never do us wrong and will always make our paths straight.


Mike, Jimmy, Me, Amy, Caleb!


Back with my bros. Man I love these guys! From left to right: Marc, Matt, me!


This is my family on Christmas morning. We are eating my mom's special casserole, bubble bread.... and no rice, ahhhh it is good to be home!


Here is me wearing my favorite Christmas gift! This is the best long underwear money can buy! After a year in the torturous heat of Indonesia, 20 degrees F feels a bit more like Antarctica. This was just before a long winters nap!!!!!!!!!!!

14 months of riding a motorcyle, eating foreign food, hiking mountains and using Indonesian public transportation I have realized that I was safer in Indonesia. Just two weeks after being home I've already had my first Emergency Room visit. A few days ago I decided to get out my snowboard and dust it off for the first time in 2 years. A combination of being a bit rusty and wanting to impress my little brother led to disaster. I nearly cryed after slamming my sholder into the ground from giong off a jump a bit too fast. Fortunately it was just a bad bruise and nothing had to be reset!