Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Trip To Seattle!

Indo Cafe. Can you feel the excitement? Probably not... but that is OK. This was my first Indonesian meal in 3 months. Although it took a while to get used to the massive servings of rice and everything being fried, I did eventually grow fond of fine Indonesian cuisine during my 14 months in Indonesia. Can you see the delight in our faces? If you look close enough into our eyes you can hear Caleb saying, "get this camera out of my face... IT'S GO TIME!" I am saying, ahhhhhhhhh are you kidding me? Can we stay for dinner too? Well, we didn't stay for dinner but it was for sure an unforgettable experience and one of the highlights since I have been home.


This is my favorite Indonesian dish called soto. It is basically the equivalent of Campbell's chicken and rice soup. I ate it at least 4 times a week. Caleb is about to eat some nasi goreng, aka fried rice.

This is a shout out to one of my best friends in Indonesia. We bonded many a times over a nice dish of Soto.

Pak Girindra: Pasti waktu saya makan soto ini saya ingat Bapak dan merinduhkan bapak juga. Terima Kasih banyak sudah menjadi teman akrab saya yang suka soto juga!!! Saya tidak pernah akan melupakan pengalaman kita di Madiun.... khususnya waktu kita makan soto setiap minggu!!!

This is the whole crew. Joe and Kelley actually got to come to Indonesia last summer to visit. So of course they are diggin the food too!!!!!!!!!!


This dish is pretty darn tasty too. It is chicken strips drizzled in a peanut butter sauce!


The first ever Starbucks! Pretty cool. There were actually several in Indonesia!


hmmm.... I wander if he could use a sidekick? I am a pretty mean hoola hooper!